Thursday, January 14, 2010

Out of the Jungle and to the Zoo





The kids and I checked out the zoo today--the first of what I am sure will be many trips with much thanks to Mary, Tim, Meagan, and Corey for the wonderful gift of a zoo membership. All from St. Louis know how spoiled we are with such a great zoo there, but I can tell you that this zoo does not disappoint. They do have exhibits that St. Louis doesn't, including white tigers, which were strikingly beautiful, and white alligators, which were spooky. The kids had a great time and didn't want to leave. There were very few others there, because this is still "cold" weather (in the 50's this morning) for the locals. We practically had the zoo to ourselves, and, in fact, we were the only ones at the animal feeding, so the boys even got to feed the otters their fish and carrots--I was too busy helping with that process to get any good photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment