Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Let the Parades Begin






The bigger Mardi Gras parades hit the streets of NO this past weekend with the biggest yet to come! The kids and I went to Excalibur in Metairie on Friday night (while Andy worked on the hardwood floors) and we all went downtown to Sparta on Saturday night. It was chilly by NO standards, but our Missouri blood kept us warm. The kids caught lots of beads, cups, and even a few stuffed animals. The AB clydesdales are staying at the equestrian farm just across the canal from our house, and somehow seeing them in the parades makes us feel a little closer to home. We are considering going to the BIG superbowl celebration parade that is at 5 pm today. Schools and businesses are closing early and everyone is planning to be there. It will definitely be CRAZY, so we'll fit right in.

By the way, the floors are looking great! The living room and entry are finished and the dining and master are up for installation tonight and tomorrow night. We have scheduled the delivery of our stuff--all 10,500 lbs of it--for Thursday, so the hope is that the floors are done by then. I'll post a picture of the floors once I take a couple.

2 comments:

  1. I watched some videos online of the celebration in Down Town New Orleans...wow. I dont think I could have taken that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy and Wm attended that Saints parade. They even had seats! It looked crazy! I am getting ready to post some photos.

    ReplyDelete