Sunday, February 28, 2010

Picnic on Ponchartrain







Bob and Joyce returned from their cruise today. We all took advantage of the beautiful weather for a picnic lunch on the shores of Lake Ponchartrain. I really do feel bad for those to the north that have had less than favorable weather, but is sure is nice to be able to enjoy more time outside!

Andy had concrete delivered this week for the widening of our slab. Some wonderful men from our church in JC are heading this direction on Saturday to help us put up a garage. It will be so nice to be able to take our bikes, kayaks, and motorcycle to somewhere other than the living room and master bathroom.

Something happened this weekend that I never thought I'd see...my father retired!!! He is one of the hardest working individuals that I know and he definitely deserves a break. In over 40 years as a meat cutter, I don't think he missed many days of work, especially few due to illness. My dad's work ethic taught me much in life and I am very proud of him. It will probably take two or three people to replace the work that my dad did. Congrats, dad, and enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to your dad...that is so awesome! When are they moving south?

    ReplyDelete