Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mostly Labor-less Labor Day Weekend







Andy ended up not having to go into work this past weekend, which was great, but it was canceled too late for us to go anywhere far. The poles for the fence were also not yet ready, so that project didn't get off the ground either. However, we managed to make the best out of it by sharing some great family time together. On Saturday we headed to Baton Rouge to the LSU Rural Life Museum. It is set up on about 40 acres and re-creates plantation life with buildings and features that would have been found in Louisiana in the late 1800's/early 1900's. There are also many tools there to see and the kids were very facinated by what things "used to be like" back long ago.

On Sunday and Monday we didn't really do anything specifically wonderful, but since Andy has been gone the last couple of weekends and will be gone the next few, it was nice to get the downtime too. Andy and Clark did go on a quick kayak trip, while William and I went on a real bike ride (about 3 miles total and on the road some). Their kayak trip was on Bayou St. John, which is fairly close to our house so William and I road over on our bikes to see them. Other than riding right by our house, this is William's first real bike ride. He did GREAT and even mentioned how enjoyable it was to be out on the bike trail! Unfortunately there aren't any photos of these two items as it is hard enough to kayak with a babe on board and to bike on the road with a kid-in-training.

I also included a photo of a chair sculpture that Clark made. He was very intentional in his placement and called it art when he was finished. In the photo you can see the pride of accomplishment on his face and I love that he put his arms out and said 'look what I made!" Of course, I may be a little bias, but it definitely looks suitable for placement in any sculpture park that I've been to.

No comments:

Post a Comment